Bike 'n Walk Hendersonville advocates for bicycle and walking facilities by providing information and reviews for and about planning, financing, and benefits of greenway trails and bikeways.
Plan, Design, Finance.
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN HENDERSONVILLE
Sanders Ferry Greenway
- Dec 2016: City reported changes to the RFQ and re-issue. The water crossings discouraged bids on the previous release.
- Jan 2017: City received one construction bid $900,000 higher than planned. Strategy to address the additional cost.
- First, work with the bidder to reduce costs.
- Second, apply for an Active Transportation Grant for the additional cost. .
-Third, request from BOMA for additional cost to show TDoT and MPO City's commitment.
- April 2017: Mayor Clary asking for resident support for project
Saundersville CMAQ for Greenway
- July 2016: City Application filed
- Nov 2016: Bike/Ped Committee provided review
- Jan 2017: City did not receive grant. PROJECT ON IN-DEFINITE HOLD
New Stratton Downs Development
- Dec 2016: Plats for a proposed new development along Stop 30. Opportunity for a Bike Route through this development to Wynncrest as we previously suggested on page 10 & 11 North-Central Hville (Feb 16).
- Dec 2016: Section of Drakes Creek Rd to be removed (between southern entrance and pumping station). Suggested: a bike/ped trail to replace this section.
Connector from Durham farms to Saundersville Road (once in the old planning for this area) is not in the current plan.
- Dec 2016: Issue: lack of connection to Spearpoint and Cross Bows, thereby increasing already heavy traffic on Drakes Creek Road. Neighborhood residents reported as against having school traffic on those roads. Suggestion: Open these roads to Bike/Ped traffic.
Drakes Creek Greenway
- Dec 2016: Greenway connector to Stop 30. City was promoting a trail along the west side in the Davidson Academy property. Our Recommendation: run trail along the east side and include connector to northern point of the Streets of Indian (ref: page 17 North-Central Hville (Feb 16))
New Greenway Trail Entrance
Back of Soccer Fields
Active Transportation Grants - 2017
- The Nashville Regional MPO plans to solicit RFPs for grants -- due by late May for award by October.
2017 CMAQ AWARDS WEBINAR